Being a competitive athlete all his life, Andrew understands the fundamentals of sports injuries and all facets of the rehabilitation process.
Andrew and Karl implement Myofascial, Deep Tissue and Stretching into your treatment plan.
We adjust our pressure for various injuries and focus on getting you back to pre-injury state as quickly as possible.
Deep Tissue Massage can help relieve tight muscles, chronic muscle pain, and anxiety. During a deep tissue massage, your massage therapist will use slow strokes and deep finger pressure to relieve tension from the deepest layers of your muscles and connective tissues.
- Pre-event sports massage for improved mental state, muscle warm-up, and improved tissue pliability
- Post-event sports massage focused on recovery and reducing muscle spasms and metabolic waste build-up
- Maintenance techniques to facilitate optimal performance, reduce DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness), improve muscle health, improve focus, help remain calm pre-and post event
A hot stone massage is a type of massage therapy. It’s used to help you relax and ease tense muscles and damaged soft tissues throughout your body. During a hot stone massage, smooth, flat, heated stones are placed on specific parts of your body. The stones are usually made of basalt, a type of volcanic rock that retains heat.
The stones may be placed:
- along your spine
- on your stomach
- on your chest
- on your face
- on your palms
- on your feet and toes
Massage therapists may hold heated stones as they massage your body using Swedish massage techniques such as:
- long strokes
- circular movements
Sometimes, cold stones are also used during a hot stone massage. Cold stones may be used after hot stones to induce vasoconstriction of blood vessels and to soothe the skin.
Resistance band training promotes good form, balance and focus:
- Improves muscle strength and tone – to protect your joints from injury
- Maintains flexibility and balance, which can help you remain independent as you age
- Helps with weight management and increased muscle-to-fat ratio – as you gain muscle, your body burns more kilojoules when at rest
Pre natal massage is also referred as pregnancy massage. As the name depicts, the massage is provided at the time of pregnancy to help in keeping the body strong for the upcoming birth process. A lot of discomforts can be felt at the time of pregnancy. This makes it necessary to keep the body fit for a normal delivery. Pregnant women feel swelling, indigestion and body aches from time to time. With a Registered Massage Therapist, the pain can be reduced and discomfort can be alleviated. With the help of prenatal massage therapy, the hormones of the body can be controlled with higher efficiency that helps to keep the mood and health intact. Such massages are also able to provide higher cardiovascular efficiency. Periodic prenatal massages have been researched to be highly beneficial for pregnant women at such crucial times. Other benefits that such massages provide to women are:
- Increase in strength of joints and soft tissues
- Reduction in muscle swelling that is also known as edema
- Reduction in sleeping discomforts
- Reduction of lower back pain
- Reduction in levels of anxiety and stress